1) What is the meaning of turnkey construction?
"Turnkey construction" with Baumeister-Haus means that you transfer the responsibility and obligation for the completion of your building project on schedule and in accordance with the contract to us. From start to finish, i.e. from the planning to the symbolic "handing over of the keys", we build your dream house as your competent contractual partner. The work we carry out therefore extends from the excavation of the building pit to the final completion of your building project. Since the term "turnkey construction" is not precisely defined or standardised, the degree of completion of the construction work is recorded in the detailed construction and service description before the contract is concluded. With Baumeister-Haus it is also possible, even after conclusion of the contract, to remove work assigned to us and to carry out this work yourself, or, in the reverse case, to have us carry out further work requested by you.
2) Are Baumeister houses prefabricated houses or are the houses solidly built?
Our houses are traditionally planned and built in solid construction according to Luxembourg regulations. Pumice masonry according to the structural engineer's specifications is standard for these buildings. The exterior rendering is a composite thermal insulation system (ETICS) in accordance with the latest thermal insulation regulations. Of course, we can also offer alternative solid construction methods for the construction of your house.
3) Do you invoice your building projects with 3% VAT (TVA) or 17% VAT (TVA)?
When you purchase a home with us, we prepare an application to the "Administration de l'Enregistrement et des Domaines" for the application of the super-reduced tax rate of 3% for the signing of the notary contract, which is issued with the currently valid TVA standard rate. As this is usually approved without complications, your building project will then be directly invoiced at the lower tax rate. The 3% tax rate is available up to savings of €50,000 for the construction. If the approved maximum amount is fully utilised, subsequent invoice amounts will be settled at the standard TVA rate.
If part of the construction has already been completed at the time of your notarisation, we will also (if possible) automatically prepare an application for reimbursement of the TVA difference made there.
4) What costs will I incur in addition to the purchase price of the house?
The purchase price of the house is a price based on the cahier des charges of each property. This performance specification defines everything that is required for the completion of a ready-to-move-in home, right down to the flooring.
In the normal case, i.e. when buying a plot of land and a house or a flat from us, you will incur the following additional costs:
- Notary fees: The costs are usually between € 1,500.00 and € 5,000.00, depending on the purchase price.
- Land transfer tax: In Luxembourg, this is generally 6% of the purchase price of the land and the construction already completed at the time of the notary contract + 1% transfer fee (Enregistrement). Acquisition tax and transfer fee are only due if the total tax/fee calculation exceeds the exemption amount of 20,000 euros for single persons and 40,000 euros for married couples. The tax-free amount not fully utilised can be claimed in the event of a subsequent property purchase. In any case, a flat-rate fee of 100 euros is due.
- Municipal tax: 3% (only for commercial properties in Luxembourg City & the Municipality of Mamer))
- Connection fees (taxes): Connection fees are charged by the municipalities and the individual utility companies for the establishment of house connections (sewer, water, electricity, telephone, community aerial, gas). These are usually lump sums that can be requested from the various utility companies. Normally, the sum of these connection fees (assessments) is between 2,000 € and 3,000 €. When building a detached house, the buyer must also pay the costs of the building permit. The amount of these costs can vary from municipality to municipality.
- Construction heating: If the construction site has to be heated during the construction process, these costs are passed on to the owner after completion of the work.
5) We would like to change the floor plan and furnishings partly according to our needs and ideas, is that possible?
In the case of individually planned houses, we will take your wishes and needs into account from the very beginning and incorporate them directly into the planning. In the case of already planned homes and residences (residential buildings), changes are also possible according to your ideas. The equipment listed in detail in our cahier des charges is the basis for determining the price. Together with the construction manager, you will finally determine which materials and objects you want during the sampling process. The resulting additional or reduced costs will be submitted to you in a separate offer before the work is carried out. Changes to the cadastre vertical or the loadbearing walls of the building must be checked with the structural engineer in each individual case and in some cases also with the responsible municipality to determine their feasibility.
6) Can we also carry out our own work?
Of course, our clients can carry out their own work at any time. In this case, it should be agreed with us early enough which work you would like to carry out yourself. It is important to ensure that these works are 1. carried out professionally and 2. scheduled in such a way that the construction sequence is maintained and no delays occur for the following trades.
7) What risks do I have to bear when building with you?
As your service provider, we bear all economic and entrepreneurial risks. To guarantee this, we provide a completion guarantee from a bank based in Luxembourg for each customer in each project.
8) What advantages can I expect when I build my house with you?
Hyperlink zu “Vorteile beim Bau mit uns“
Our biggest advantage for you is the turnkey construction, where you will be accompanied by our qualified and dedicated team throughout the entire process of building your house. We take care of all administrative and technical matters, so you always have a competent partner at your side during this exciting time.
A further service promise to you is the completion guarantee from a Luxembourg bank.
Questions and requests for changes can be discussed with your project manager at any time.